Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

150,000 - 250,000 to accommodate 3? 2008/8/25 15:26
Hello, I am going to Tokyo next year for 1 month with 2 friends and we want to rent an apartment in the Shinjuku area or surrounding areas such as Nakano or Shibuya. I am not too fussed on the quality of the apartment, just as long as it can accommodate 3 people. Is 150,000 - 250,000 yen for one month rent realistic?

Much help would be appreciated, thanks.
by Alex  

... 2008/8/26 03:46
It depends on how small of a place you are willing to put up with.

Search for Gaijin Houses. The ones I found allowed me to have a roomate for an extra $100. If you rent a double room, they usually add a $100 - $200 fee on for a third person.

The first place I stayed came out to $800 for three people. The second place I stayed was nearly $1000, but it was a much better place.
by mm rate this post as useful

gaijin house 2008/8/26 14:51
ok thanks a lot for that. how much would it be for an average gaijin house twin room in shinjuku area?
by Alex rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/27 07:11
At the places I was looking, they were about $650 - $800 for a good-sized twin room.

The thing to remember is, at many Gaijin houses, you need to pay a utility fee also. For example, at Oakhouse, it is a flat rate of 10,050.

I recommend looking at Oakhouse. I've used them for a couple different places, and they're very good.

http://www.oakhouse.jp/eng/

All you do is search on the site and find a room that is empty or that will be empty. Fill out the reservation form online and they will email you if it's available. You then call them and prepay the maintenance fee which is also the down payment, and then pay the rest of the price when you arrive. At the last place I stayed, the manager of the house picked me up at the train station and took me directly to the house.

Very nice place to work with.
by mm rate this post as useful

reply to this thread