Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese software... 2008/8/27 06:37
Has anyone tried learning Japanese by using the Declan softwares? If so, what do you think of them? I'm mostly interested in the Japanese Flashcards and Japanese Dictionary ones..Are they any good?

I'm Chinese, so Kanji script shouldn't be a problem for me..Also, will it be easier for me to learn Japanese because I'm Chinese?

Arigatou to anyone in advance who can help out with my questions.
by WN  

... 2008/8/27 12:10
I'm Chinese, so Kanji script shouldn't be a problem for me..Also, will it be easier for me to learn Japanese because I'm Chinese?

Knowing kanji definitely helps with reading and comprehension! It's like knowing all the Latin word roots (syllables) beforehand when learning French, Spanish, or any of the Roman languages. Memorizing the Japanese pronunciation for kanji could be tricky, though :)

Since Chinese grammar is closer to that of English than that of Japanese (so I've heard), learning the Japanese grammar would require the same efforts as students whose mother tongue is English or other western languages.
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/29 06:46
Thanks, AK.
by WN rate this post as useful

reply to this thread