Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

withdraw cash, mastercard 2008/8/30 15:04
It seems i have a problem. I have been in Japan a while now (almost a year) living in OKinawa. I never used my credit card, only for traveling. Now i am in Tokyo and i really need to take out cash but i only have my mastercard. I dont know where i can do it.

Before i left home i was told i could take out cash in Japan with this card but i am having trouble finding somewhere :s
by Alicia  

... 2008/8/30 19:49
You should be able to, provided you have the 4-digit PIN and your bank knows you might use it overseas; check out this page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2208.html
by AK rate this post as useful

ATMs 2008/8/30 20:41
If your MasterCard is on the Plus or Cirrus network you can get cash at Citibank ATMs, Post Offices, and 7-11s.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

cash 2008/8/31 01:31
the problem with credit cards is that withdrawal is considered a cash advance (loan)and charged interest from day one until you pay it back. Don't you have a cash card (debit card) from your bank? if you don't have a PIN for your Mastercard (most North American credit cards don't have PIN yet) you can go to a bank, any bank, and get a cash advance.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

reply to this thread