Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Want to learn Kansai ben 2008/9/3 02:11
Is there any good site to learn Kansai ben? Plz help.
Domou Arigatou !!
by K  

. 2008/9/3 15:42
This site may be useful if you can understand standard Japanese.

http://www.eng.ritsumei.ac.jp/jpn05/dlnihongo.html
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Learn 2008/9/3 17:09
Learn to speak Kansai-ben? haha, that's a new one.

I would say that the only way for you to really learn it is to move to Kansai and speak it everyday with the locals. I don't see how else it can be "learned". It's like asking somebody how to speak like a southerner. You just can't learn it off a website or a book.
by Dougie Fresh rate this post as useful

Kansai-ben! 2008/9/8 21:16
Actually, there are more than a few resources that can help you learn Kansai-ben. Here are a couple good starting places:

1. Check out the Wikipedia ''kansai-ben'' page. They also have a bunch of links at the end of the page.

2. My current favorite is a book called ''Colloquial Kansai Japanese: The Dialects and Culture of the Kansai Region''

(Tuttle Language Library)

by D. C. Palter and Kaoru Slotsve

I live in Kansai, and dang, just reading this book a couple weeks ago has helped me understand maybe 50% more of what is being said to me and around me. Highly recommended.

Just search on Amazon or one of those sites and you will find a lot of other titles too.

Good luck!
by Rina rate this post as useful

reply to this thread