Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bento content 2008/9/7 01:31
Do the bento boxes at train stations have any content information in english? I don't eat pork or beef, but everything else...
by v  

... 2008/9/7 11:44
No, labels are in Japanese only.
by Uji rate this post as useful

tips 2008/9/7 12:30
There are no English lables, but contents are usually shown by either photographs or plastic samples.

Also you can always tell the clerk, "No pork, no beef." in Queen's English and they will understand.

But sometimes things like pork/beef extract is included to add flavor and it wouldn't be so obvious. If you are very strict about it, you can tell the clerk you have "a-re-ru-gii (allergy)" and tell them to "raberu o check shite kudasai (check the label, please)" Japanese clerks are more allert about allergies than they are about vegetarianism or religion.
by Uco rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/7 15:02
My writing isn't great, but I guess if someone can type it up in Japanese, they can print it out and hand it over asking for any bentos that contain no pork or beef products.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/7 21:35
豚肉・牛肉を使っていない弁当はありますか?
(Is there any bento that does not contain pork or beef?)

Print this out :)
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2008/9/7 22:41
Thank you very much!
by V rate this post as useful

reply to this thread