Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Translation help... 2008/9/9 02:28
I need a translation help. (English to Japanese)
"It is so hard to understand him." How can we translate this to Japanese? (Kare wo/ni/ga wakarinikui da ze...) Which one am I gonna use?
And another question:
Does the word "ununderstandable" exist? It is gonna be "Wakararenai" ?

Sankyuu...soshite yoi ichinichi wo ^_^
by Torukojin  

. 2008/9/9 19:25
"It is so hard to understand him." How can we translate this to Japanese?

In textbook Japanese: kare (no koto) wo rikai suru no wa totemo muzukashii (desu).

Does the word "ununderstandable" exist? It is gonna be "Wakararenai" ?

Rikai dekinai/dekimasen
Rikai-funou da/desu
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Choices 2008/9/13 11:39
I imagine this person is in 3rd grade & counting 1, 2 ...
And wakariniku is in my dictionary as difficult to understand, so that one would be right. Wakareru means splits - if the ra isn't meant to be there. maybe its an emphasis in some regions to add bits like we do sometimes. It's difficult to follow everything a person says anyway, so keep it simple.

nai on the end means not, so unless its a name at the front of the sentence, then a verb that relates to the previous words, as Japanese is logical, if nothing else.
by Rhubarb rate this post as useful

Understanding is not impossible 2008/9/13 11:45
Hai.

Wakarimashita.

(Japanese use past tenses for now, especially in writing)

Rhubarb 2008/9/13 11:53
kare (no koto) wo rikai suru no wa totemo muzukashii

His item (wo, o is more singular, think about chemistry, Japanese like to order everything, some things are the same but different in number - for more than one item is used)

rikai - understanding (present state) do (suru) with total (totemo) understanding. I'd say this person is confident in his school work or text. But he is a child and doesn't know all the rules.

Sayoonara

Sou desu ka...? 2008/9/18 04:10
Hmmm...Wakarimashita. Doumo arigatou gozaimashita.
by Torukojin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread