Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

kawaii kamoshirenai 2008/9/13 21:18
Today I ran into a guy I know and after exchanging pleasantries he said "Kyo...(my name)kawaiikamoshirenai" and then left XD;

Today I'm maybe cute?

I'm not sure if I was being complimented or not, is that a normal way to phrase things?
by Crissy  

It's not "normal" but... 2008/9/13 23:07
Well I guess he was impressed with the way you looked today, or anyway he found you looking pretty particularly today and wanted to say it... but the way it came out of his mouth was simply clumsy!! lol

He must have felt either (1) too shy to say straightforward "Kyo (you are) kawaii ne!," or it could be that (2) halfway into the sentence he must have started thinking "oh-huh, if I say she looks cute TODAY, that means I think she doesn't look cute on other days, and that's not what I want to say.... what am I supposed to say? I'm supposed to say "Kyo MO kawaii ne!" but I can't quite say that!" and.. well, he finished the sentence in a confused way, I'd say. In any case, he was trying to compliment you :)
by AK (Japanese woman) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread