Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Return of money. 2008/9/25 16:22
Dear some one,

I am a student in a university. I received scholarship this year from JASSO. But due to certain problems, i changed the status from college student to long term resident.
On knowing the change of status, i was asked to surrender the scholarship.
It's the law, i agree.
As usual, i was paid through bank. But they are asking the refund in cash. No bill, no receipt involved? No proff to show? I haven't yet given the cash. But i have to and i will. How can i get a confirmation that the returned money reaches back to the proper place.

What should i do?

KR
by Kelly  

. 2008/9/25 20:19
Exactly who are you supposed to give the cash to? Accounting department or something?
by John rate this post as useful

no receipt? 2008/9/25 21:14
Are you sure they won't give you a receipt? If you haven't already, ask for one.
by Sira rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/25 21:48
If I were you, I would ask for either (1) their bank details, so that you can remit the amount back to their bank account (record kept), or (2) show
up at their office in person (if it's near by where you are), pay in cash, and ask for a receipt on the spot, maybe handwritten by the person in
charge, with the organization's stamp on it.

It's not a matter of not trusting them, but just for good record-keeping practice concerning money, I think they will understand too.
by AK rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/10/4 12:50
Dear All,

Thanks for your suggestions.
I paid back the money. On payment they had prepared a receipt. They gave it to me without my asking this time.

Now i am sure, the money will not be licked on the way.

Thanks for your suggestions.

KR
by Kelly rate this post as useful

reply to this thread