Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pomegrante in Japanese 2008/10/4 11:28
Hi, I own a bakery in Canada and we frequently have Japanese tourists. I can speak Japanese realativly well but am at a loss when asked what "pomegrante" is . I don't really remember seeing pomegrantes in Japan. Are they common there? What is the Japanese word for pomegrante?

Thank you,
by Michelle  

Pomegrante 2008/10/5 00:03
I believe that pomegrante is the fruit that is also known as pomegranate, right? Punica granatum, if the Internet serves me well. In that case I think it is known as ZAKURO and you can find it as decoration on old Japanese plates which makes me believe that, like in many countries, it is now not as well-known as it used to be.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

. 2008/10/5 00:33
If it's zakuro
http://images.google.co.jp/images?q=%E3%82%B6%E3%82%...

not many locals today eat them as fresh fruit, but it is well-known as juice and is believed to be good for balancing your hormones.
by Uco rate this post as useful

zakuro=pomegranate 2008/10/5 07:48
Yes, zakuro is the Japanese word for pomegranate. It's the same fruit as is found in other countries. There is a shop near my station that sells them for 600 yen each!
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread