Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

chistmas/new years in tokyo 2008/10/5 09:13
Hi

To make a long story short. Me and my girlfriend will spend New Years and Christmas in Tokyo. Because of our work, we rarely get lots of time together. So, I am wondering what is the best way to surprise her? Any good restaurants or activities people do in Tokyo ? I heard Disneysea and Disneyland is popular but it is very full (also not very creative). I would really like to wow her. Or is it better to take her to another city? I heard Kobe has Illumination during Christmas. Yes, I know it is early, Ifm planning ahead. Better now then at the last minute.

Thank you
by Micheal  

holidays 2008/10/5 14:13
Kobe illuminations are spectacular but somehow I don't think that you want to stand in cold weather for a couple of hours in a huge huge crowd! not too romantic!
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

Christmas Eve 2008/10/5 16:52
You'll have to make reservations early to book a good restaurant for Christmas Eve. It's kind of a tradition for young couples. Roppongi Hills is one of the most romantic places at Christmas because of the lighting display.

New Years Eve/Day are pretty quiet. It's a time fo spend with family. But Ikebukuro is usually lively on New Year's Day--it's one of the only places that's open for business.
by Natsuki rate this post as useful

never actually been but... 2008/10/8 15:04
re kobe illumination.

i doubt the illumination will be on christmas thru new years. it seems to start the first week of dec and run for a week. can anyone find the dates for this year? the yokoso page hasn`t been updated since 04 or 05.
by eh rate this post as useful

Helicopter night tours 2008/10/9 18:18
Try Excel Air (www.excel-air.com) or Asahi Helicopter(www.ashi-heli.co.jp) book ahead very popular on Valentine's day and christmas.

Very romantic
by Viv rate this post as useful

Kobe 2008/10/14 05:12
2008 Kobe Luminarie festival is from December 4 to 15
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Over Tokyo 2008/12/24 15:06
hey michael,
just in case you still donLt know what to do. what about a sightseeing flight over tokyo!?
www.helicopter-sightseeing-tokyo.com/
by Uli rate this post as useful

New Years Eve in Japan 2008/12/30 17:00
Hi, we arrived in Japan a week ago, we are travelling around Tokyo at the moment. We understand the holiday period is for family and is quiet, but is there is anywhere that would be open for a night of celebration?

We are staying in a hostel near ueno, we have a jr pass.

many thanks

Jess
by Jess rate this post as useful

. 2008/12/30 19:07
There are major celebrations and festivals at some major shrines and temples. And of course your major entertainment areas, bars, izakayas etc will be open all night as well. In Tokyo, major JR lines will run all night (though at intermitted schedules).
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread