Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

can i divorce ? 2008/10/9 00:09
my wife(japanese) and i lived together for 5yrs, but last month she moved to a different house without a key reason, and now she used to come to my appt only on sat and sun, it sounds so difficult for me to live in that kind of life,if i will divorce for that reason i m a going to be in trouble ? or if someone who can give me a good idea ?
thanks in advance
by arhen  

Divorce 2008/10/9 13:43
Arhen,

If both you and your wife agree to divorce, then it is simply a case of filling in the form and handing it in at the city office where you are registered. If your wife does not wish to get divorced, then the process will be more complex, and you will probably need to hire a lawyer.
As for "trouble", is your visa status linked to your wife? If you have a spouse visa, then you will no longer be able to renew it after getting divorced, so may not necessarily be able to remain in the country.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread