Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Surface Mail Tracking Number 2008/10/9 21:05
Hi, I bought some Qoo and Boss Coffee a while back and the package was sent by Surface Mail on 29th August. I was given a tracking number, but I have no idea where to put it :/ Can anyone give me a website to put it in?

by SMEGfridge  

Are you in Japan or overseas? 2008/10/10 13:41
Was it shipped from Japan via post? Then the only "tracking" service available I see are for EMS, express mail service, which is by air and not by surface.

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/index_en.html

Are you sure it is the postal services' tracking number they gave you?
by AK rate this post as useful

Surface mail 2008/10/10 17:57
Don't know about the tracking number but I have sent packages to myself via surface mail and it has taken between 2 and 3 months to arrive.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/10 18:16
Right, surface mail DOES take quite some time :) That's part of the reason I asked where the original poster was, so that I could look up the approximate time it takes...

... 2008/10/10 21:56
Thanks for the replies, it was sent from Japan. I'm not sure exactly where, though.

Definately Kanto. That's about as specific as I can get, I'm afraid :/

thanks again
by SMEGfridge rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/10 22:00
Ok, I just used the EMS tracking service (thanks AK) and it said the last place it was tracked was in Kanagawa Prefecture on the 30th August. Does anyone know the next place it will be tracked?

... 2008/10/10 23:41
Since the Japanese postal service cannot track any further beyond Japan, that's about it you'll see on that site... since it seems to be EMS, you might inquire with your country's postal service to see how it travels in your country (where are you anyway?).

... 2008/10/11 01:11
I'm in Yorkshire, England. Sorry, I should have mentioned that in my initial post.

Umm 2008/10/11 15:49
Thanks for the info. But unfortunately all I could find out was that it would take 1 - 3 months to UK from Japan via surface mail. If it was EMS, it arrives in a week or less, so it must have been really surface mail. Once I do remember that it did take over two months from Tokyo to Manchester/Liverpool area.

To the UK 2008/10/11 21:35
When we are in Japan we usually raid the Book-Off stores and other 2nd hand book stores and ship the books in boxes via surface mail to ourselves. To the UK it has taken us almost consistently around 2 months whereas it took just 3 months to arrive in France when we were still living there. My guess is that you still have a couple of weeks more to wait :-)
by Kappa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread