Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working on Pre College Visa 2008/10/20 20:30
I have been offered to play a small role in a Japanese drama.

But the thing is, the shooting will take about 4-5 days, 10-12 hours a day.

That means that I will have to skip school to work. I have 100% attendence right now.

Can I only work a maximum of 4 hours per day on Pre College Visa or is it just a maximum of 28 hours per week?

Is it a dumb idea to go for the job or is it safe?
I know that many of the students in my school work more than 4 hours per day, but on the other side, it is not during school hours.

Please help me, I don't know what to do!
by Milkddr  

. 2008/10/21 15:53
Legally if you read your work permit or your "certificate to engage in other activities" it says 4 hours a day. 7 days a week equals 28 hours a week.

You can't work without the certificate.

The reason to issue the work permit and allow work is so that it does not interfere with your schoolwork. If it interferes with your schoolwork (eg you have to skip school) then obviously it doesn't make much sense.
by John rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/21 16:40
Is it a dumb idea to go for the job...

Well, my answer would be, yes, I think it's a dumb idea to go for such a job at the cost of missing your school classes.

If the shooting takes place on consecutive days, you'd be: (1) messing up your attendance record completely, and (2) you will be violating the max. 28 hours work/week permit regulations completely.

Rather than thinking if it's "safe" or not, meaning, worrying about what your school do if you skip 4 or 5 full days of school completely (not even an hour or so, but full days!), think about why you came to Japan to study - don't get carried away by a one-off offer. .
by ... rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/10/22 19:41
Thanks for the answers.

I turned down the job, I don't want to break any laws here and I'd like to keep my 100% attendence too.

Even though I wanted to do the job really bad I guess there will be more chances in the future.
by Milkddr rate this post as useful

reply to this thread