Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Martial Art Schools 2008/10/21 14:08
I'm applying for the J.E.T. program soon, and i just recently finished study abroad for a summer in Kyoto. Here in the US, i've been really adament about learning martial arts, specifically kung fu, but if I get into the J.E.T., where can i find martial art schools to train in?

General google results are simply just muddled garbage advertising schools in places like Minnesota, so I haven't found anything of use.

Did i miss something on this site? Do you know a good directory of schools in Japan?
by Mike B  

ma 2008/10/21 15:59
Your best bet is to look in your local phonebook when you get to Japan. Kung Fu is very popular in Japan, from what I have seen. I have seen many Shaolin Kung Fu schools for example.

I'm not aware of a directory of specifically Chinese martial arts in Japan, but like I said if you check your local phone book you will find some answers there. You should also check any community centers or sports centers in the area. These types of places tend to have many martial arts classes available, and they are usually very inexpensive and friendly.

Good luck!
by newtmonkey rate this post as useful

reply to this thread