Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I visit/move to Japan with a felony? 2008/10/25 23:30
My boyfriend may be heading to Japan for the JET program and he asked me to come visit and possibly even move there with him if he decides to stay. I haven't quite found an exact answer whether I would be allowed. I have a Class C Felony from 2007 for Violation of Conditions of Release (Violating Bail). I haven't applied for my passport yet either. I want to know if there is a known waiting period between when a conviction happened and when I could go if so. Please help!
by Angela  

Felony 2008/10/27 07:34
No-one here can give you a reliable answer to this question, my suggestion is to contact your local Japanese Embassy amd ask them, and be totally forthcoming about any convictions you may have, it should save you a lot of pain later.
by Philip rate this post as useful

I don't have a felony, but... 2008/11/12 01:05
I've never had a felony, but on the flight to Japan, I filled out the customs form and one of the questions was "Do you have a felony?" I have no idea if they would/could withhold you from the country if you did have one, however.
by Maneki_neko rate this post as useful

I dont think so 2008/12/15 22:46
They dont issue passports to felons...at least not from America...maybe u can take a cruise there before customs changes its laws...Best of Luck!!!!
by Mika rate this post as useful

Huh? 2008/12/15 23:31
You can get a US passport even if you're a felon. If you've been ordered not to leave the country, then that's a different matter.
by P rate this post as useful

reply to this thread