Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ordering/understanding menu 2008/10/29 12:55
Trying to understand the menu and ordering habits...

looking at the gourmet navigator menu, some restaurant offer set menus.
how do a group of 3 person order, whats normal? i understand that most item comes with rice? so for group of 3 if 1 order a set and 2 items from ala carte to share is normal and not subject to minimum order?

how do people normally order to share in an izakaya/restaurant?
by das  

. 2008/10/29 15:13
i understand that most item comes with rice?
Depends on the restaurant, the type of restaurant you're eating at and what you order.

so for group of 3 if 1 order a set and 2 items from ala carte to share is normal and not subject to minimum order?
I'm not sure what you mean by minimum order.
1 person could order a set meal, and the other two can order one item from the ala carte menu.

Not all restaurants have set menus.

Depends on the restaurant and whats being eaten. Normally speaking, people just order individually.
by John rate this post as useful

izakaya style restaurant 2008/10/30 01:56
We usually look at the menu and order a batch of things to share. When we're done with that we usually decide to order more and call the waiter/waitress over again to take another order. Depending on how hungry we are, that can go on for a couple of times. It is in fact the easiest type of restaurant for the tourist as the menu often has photos of the food which makes it easier to pick plus the portion are often small so it is not such a big deal if you ordered something you realize that it was not really what you thought it was ^_^;;
by Kappa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread