Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

cant use net with my laptop in japan 2008/10/29 18:46
i have a laptop which i want to use in japan too but when ever i try to connect internet it does not support cabel nor wireless, what should i do to this problem should i need to buy another laptop in japan or i can use the one i have already brought from dubai
by ghulam murtaza mahar  

What do you do in Dubai? 2008/10/30 10:15
What do you do in Dubai to connect to the internet with your laptop?
by ... rate this post as useful

CABLE AND WIRELESS LAN 2008/10/30 14:52
in dubai i used to connect my laptop to internet by cabel connection and also by wirelesslan but in japan when i connect it by cabel it does not doesnot work
by insomniac rate this post as useful

I had a similar problem 2008/10/30 20:31
I had a similar problem. I connected succesfully via wireless in Canada but when I come home to the Czech republic it didn't work. I tried to uninstall the "old" Canadian settings and it's started working well since then.
by Alena rate this post as useful

. 2008/10/31 02:31
What is your connection in detail?

cable: you mean LAN cable (Ethernet)? Is it connected to ADSL, cable TV, optical, or hotel's service?

wireless: are you connecting to your home, hotel, office or public wirelss service?
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Try this 2008/10/31 03:27
Is your computer set up to a static IP address? You know, something like 62.45.118.202. If so, you need to set it to "obtain IP address automatically". You also need to do this with the DNS server.
by Paul rate this post as useful

wireless/eth 2008/10/31 06:50
This is true, set everything automatic. Also, make sure your ethernet is enabled, same with your wireless. If it is, if your trying to connect wirelessly, make sure it's an open connection, such as no WEP key or anything (if you don't know the key)

i used to use LAN CABEL ETHERNET 2008/10/31 23:42
AT MY OFFICE SOME TIMES I USED TO USE WIRELESS AND SOMETIMES CABLE LAN ETHERNET
by GHULAM MURTAZA MAHAR rate this post as useful

network 2008/11/1 15:39
you'd be better off posting this question on a computer help forum. your problem is not related to the laptop but the settings you are using for your wireless network. i would ask someone on a computer forum to help you set up your network settings to use wireless internet.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

. 2008/11/2 08:15
You haven't said what OS you use (XP, Vista, Mac OS, Linux, etc.) but most likely as others have pointed out you're network settings probably have a static IP set. Try setting everything to DHCP (or "Obtain IP address automatically").

xp 2008/11/3 00:58
i use windows XP
by ghulam murtaza mahar rate this post as useful

. 2008/11/3 01:45
You better ask network administrator in your office.

Probably the reason has nothing to do with difference of countries.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread