Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lifescience in Japan 2008/10/31 12:07
Is there any chance of getting job in Lifescience field?

Beside lifescience degree, i do have a grade 8 piano certification, can i teach in Japan? I also have JPLT 2.
by jolene  

Visa 2008/11/1 04:04
what is Lifescience? never heard of it. That's likely why you had no answers. As for piano teaching..you would need to speak fluent Japanese in order to teach as most pupils aren't likely to speak English.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

piano 2008/11/1 15:41
music is a universal skill and thus you can teach it anywhere in the world as long as you can find a way to communicate with your students.

at jlpt 2 you are probably good enough to get a job doing almost anything in japan. go for it!
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

biomedical science 2008/11/1 15:53
lifesciene is like doing lab test of modecular, bacteria, cell and others.
by jolene rate this post as useful

one thing 2008/11/1 17:52
from looking at your posts i'm wondering if english is not your native language - if not you can definitely rule out getting a job doing anything like life science research in japan, you'll either need english fluency or japanese fluency. jlpt 2 is good for average jobs but not enough for technical science fields where special terminology and kanji will be in common use.

you could teach piano easily. many young kids take piano lessons here. finding students will be a matter of how large your network of friends with kids is.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

lifescience 2008/11/1 18:16
thanks for your advice. I will put effort to brush up my english and japanese languages. I definitely love Science. I hope my interest will keep the fire burning inside me.
by jolene rate this post as useful

reply to this thread