Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Forgot name of movie 2008/11/17 23:45
If someone could help me out.

Last time i visited Japan (May 2008) i watched a movie (DVD)
And i have searched for the title because iforgot it and i would like to buy the movie myself .... but i can't find it anymore.

I forgot the title but not the story so if someone recognize it and can give me the title that would be great.

The movie takes place in Tokyo 1950's
(Tokyo tower is being build throughout the movie) but the story is about 4 or 5 different people.
A girl who comes from the country side to Tokyo in order to work for a small garage (the owner thought she was a good car mechanic but read the resume wrong - she's a bicycle mechanic)

There's a manga artist who publishes his work but it seems not many people around him care for it.

There's a small boy who seems to be not wanted by many people and moves from family to family and ends up living at the Manga artist ( who also own's a candy store) it turns out the boy is a fan of the manga artist but also can write good manga himself.

And there's this woman who owns a "bar" , the manga artist falls in love with her but she ends up working to pay of a debth.

I heared there was a sequel as well.

Well if anyone recognize the let me know the title please ..
by Martjin  

Itfs called... 2008/11/18 18:51
eAlways Sanchōme no Yūhif (Always: Sunset on Third Street). The sequel is called eAlways Zoku Sanchōme no Yūhif.

I donft know where you are but they arenft currently released on DVD in the US or Europe but they can be ordered from places like YesAsia and CDJapan with English subtitles.
by harkins rate this post as useful

Thank you 2008/11/18 21:10
Ah thank you so much.

I have no problems ordering from asia as long as i know what to order :D

You made me a happy fellow
by Martijn rate this post as useful

Region? 2008/11/19 13:39
IF ordered from yesasia or cdjapan what region will the DVDs be coded in?
by Pete rate this post as useful

Region? 2008/11/19 19:55
Hi Pete,
Yesasia gives the region code on each list. Must DVD players today are multi region anyway.

Regards,
Yahatacookie
by Yahatacookie 1 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread