Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Future moving help? 2008/11/24 11:05
--I appologize if this has already been posted--

Hello, I am a 17 year old female who currently lives in the US. I am a senior in high school who has always had a love for Japan and their culture. Well for my question, I was just wandering if anyone would be able to help me in my plans to moving to Japan in the future. I already know that it will be a hard, long, bumpy road, and I have just began to learn the language (late i know and i appologize for that) and i already know that it will not happen within the span of a year or anything, but if anyone has any ideas as to how to do it, and the quickest possible ways, please let me know ^^

Thank you so much in advance for your patience and help, a appreciate all of it good or bad ^^
by BritneyLuv  

This question 2008/11/24 15:05
This question's been asked and answered soooo many times on this great message board. Have you had a chance to check out those threads?

They'll deal with important issues like how to find a job, how much it'll cost for you to live here, the kind of visas you will need, etc..
by Limited rate this post as useful

Do some research 2008/11/24 15:12
This question actually gets asked at least once a week. Scroll down for loads of info.

As a short answer, you will need a Bachelor's degree from a university/college to be eligible for a working visa, or to come to Japan as a student if you want to stay here longer than the 90 days a tourist visa gives you.
by Sira rate this post as useful

don't move if... 2008/11/24 16:02
i will say this...if your reasons to move to japan are because of manga and anime, don't bother. a lot of japanese frown on otaku
by poopoohead rate this post as useful

You frown on otaku, perhaps? 2008/11/24 18:23
And if she were, how would the Japanese people she encounters know she's a fan of anime and manga unless she told them?

I don't think Japanese people frown on foreigners who like anime and manga, most just consider it amusing.

A more valid reason for someone not to move to Japan is if they think life here will in any way resemble what they see in anime and manga, or Memoirs if a Geisha for that matter- a sure way to be set up for disappointment
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread