Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Work in Japan - any chances? 2008/11/26 00:35
Hi! I'm finishing my master degree in Chinese and Japanese studies. I stayedin China one year studying chinese and I would like to go to Japan to improve my japanese ability but I'm tired of being just a student, because I already had the experience of being a western student in China. I would like to go to Japan to have a work experience but my japanese is not as good as I would like to (thats why I need to stay a long term in Japan) and I can speak english but I'm not a native, I'm from Portugal, so I don't know if I can use my english ability to get a job. I don't have too much demands, I can work on everthing just to support my life in Japan. What kind of jobs are easy to take in Japan as a foreigner, non-native english speaker and not so good japanese ability (just enough to daily life)? Thank you.
by RC  

... 2008/11/26 10:13
To be able to work, you will either need to (1) find a full-time job offer, to be employed by a Japanese company for the skills you have - I don't know what you have been doing as career/occupation so far - but anyway, the employer will sponsor you for a work-permitting visa so that they can hire you, or (2) sign up as a full-time Japanese language student at an accredited language school for a year or two, and work part-time (up to 20 hours a week or so, subject to permission).
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread