Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

softbank and sms 2008/11/26 06:24
if a Japanese resident has a cellphone with an email address that is softbank.ne.jp mean the phone number associated with that phone/email can send/receive sms from a appropriate 3G phone (eg our Aussie phone when we are in Japan)on global roaming??? I've read that softbank supports sms....
by fmj  

Roaming in Japan 2008/11/30 15:34
When I went to Japan, I was able to use my phone there on roaming. I have AT&T but i'm using a vodafone phone. I was able to place/receive calls, and send sms but with a roaming rate. I believe AT&T charged me about $2.50/minute for calls & $.20 per sms.
by kelii rate this post as useful

same 2008/11/30 15:47
yes thats what we could do also, to everyone back in Australia, but JAPANESE residents with "ezweb" cell phones couldn't receive our sms; they could only receive emails: but I've recently read that "softbank" supports sms..we are hoping that means any Japanese cell phone on softbank, but are not sure: it would be good if we could text our rellies when we go back rather than having to ring them on roaming rates: they don't seem to know either....
by fmj rate this post as useful

sending sms 2008/12/1 19:32
Hmm...I wonder if it's a network thing? Ezweb is someone who has an AU phone. A couple of my friends have AU and Softbank & if I recall, I sent sms messages to them numerous time. All I did was send the sms message to their cellphone number starting with the international country code: 01181, but omitting the first "0" of their phone number.

Hope this helps! =)

thanks! 2008/12/2 07:58
Thanks kelli that's great: will try it when we return...we just used 81....we could ring them though, just not sms...very frustrating...
by fmj rate this post as useful

Your welcome!!! 2008/12/2 13:29
fmj, hope it works for you! =)

reply to this thread