Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Discount Metro Card for Tokyo Residents? 2008/12/1 05:14
I will be living in tokyo for a long period of time as a resident. Is there a discount metro card for people who ride the metro everyday? Sort of like the ones for tourists, but for long term. I know anout suica and passmo, but those don't provide discounts for frequent travelers.
by stephanie  

... 2008/12/1 07:40
Yes, there are commuter passes for one month or multiple months periods. They provide you with unlimited travel along a specific route at a price, which corresponds roughly to about 15 round trips per month along that route (further discounts for 3- and 6-month passes).

The commuter passes come in form of a Suica or Pasmo card (commuter pass version).
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks! 2008/12/1 10:58
thank you for the tip. I will definitly look into that when I get there.
by stephanie rate this post as useful

. 2008/12/1 14:46
Yes, as mentioned they care called Commuter Passes.

Usually people get them to travel from their home to work/school. It allows unlimited travel between those two points only on the designated route.

For example, I have one that covers from home to work.

If you plan on traveling to and from the same place more then 15 days a month, then it is usually worth it to get one. As mentioned, they come in either Pasmo or Suica format depending on which train company you are riding.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread