Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

marriage and spouse visa 2008/12/2 22:48
i am from India and my girl friend is living in Japan. we love each other last 7 years however she is elder than me. we both decided to marry, my family is not accepting to marry my GF. i dont wanna leave my GF and i decided to marry her and settle with her in Japan. my GF is accepted for my decision also.
I dont know about the formalities like where to marry and how to get visa and what type of visa i need to apply.
Hence i request you all to help me. thanks in advance
by worldismyhome  

Marriage and spouse visa 2008/12/3 10:24
Worldismyhome,

Assuming your girlfriend is Japanese and you currently live in Japan, you will need to first contact your embassy in Japan to obtain a document that proves you are single and eligible to marry. You then need to take this to the city (or ward) office where you are currently registered and ask them what documents you need to submit to register your marriage.
Once you're married, you can then go to your nearest immigration office to apply for a spouse visa.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Thx and need more clarifications 2008/12/3 10:37
Thank u so much Dave,

Currently im living in India now and my GF is a permanent resident in Japan. at this kind of situation what kind of steps i needs to follow. Thanks again Dave
by worldismyhome rate this post as useful

Marrying in Japan 2008/12/3 10:45
Worldismyhome,

If you intend to get married in Japan, then you will both need to contact the Indian embassy in Japan to obtain proof of eligibility to marry.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Thx 2008/12/3 11:37
thanks for your help Dave. can u please give me your e-mail ID for contacting in future if i have any clarifications. please send your E-mail to my e-mail : n.rohan@yahoo.com. have a great day.
by Dokic rate this post as useful

reply to this thread