Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Who can come with me to Japan? 2008/12/5 12:20
Hi
If I get a working visa in Japan would I be able to bring my wife and my mother with me? My mother has no one to take care of her and she needs care.
Thanks,
Mondar
by Mondar  

wife 2008/12/5 16:08
your wife yes, your mother probably not. you should check with an immigration lawyer about it. if she truly needs care you might be able to get her into the country, but i suspect more likely they will not want to let her in.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

maybe 2008/12/16 06:56
I have heard of people bringing in family dependants other than spouses and children. If your mother is genuinely dependent on you, ie already lives with you and you pay for her living expenses, then you might be able to bring her in on a dependant visa - but you would have to prove that you would be earning enough in Japan to pay for all her living, medical expenses etc. But in any case you should check with a Japanese embassy/consulate visa section first.
by tokyoite rate this post as useful

reply to this thread