Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cost to company to sponsor work visa? 2008/12/7 11:37
Hello, I have a question regarding a work visa in Japan. What is the cost to a Japanese company to sponsor a foreigner for a work visa? I know that there will be legal fees involved, but it would be great to know a rough estimate of the total expense.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
by Steve  

Very little 2008/12/9 11:00
It's actually not that complicated.

There are no legal fees involved, unless the company hires someone called an administrative scrivener to deal with the paper work, but most companies would have one of their own staff deal with it.

The company has to provide various documents, none of which should cost anything. There is a visa fee of around 4,000 yen, that's the only cost I can think of. It can be time-consuming, but it is not expensive to sponsor someone for a visa.
by Sira rate this post as useful

... 2008/12/9 12:31
As Sira mentioned, getting all the correct documents and visiting the immigration office at least twice, rather than the 4000 yen fee for the actual visa, constitutes the main effort. If you hire a "immigration lawyer" to do it instead of you, it will cost around 100,000 yen.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread