Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get Japanese channels in the US? 2008/12/19 11:43
I was wondering how to get some Japanese channels in the US, particularly Japanese sports channels, mostly football(soccer) if anyone knows if that's possible! Thanks.
by Olivia35  

Several ways 2008/12/19 15:58
My university7s TV system pulls in 1 Japanese channel. Just 1. Not the easiest thing to do, and I can't tell you exactly how to do it, but I can give a little direction to get you started.

1. Via the internet. See if any of the stations you want will let viewers stream from their site (You might need a Japanese proxy capable of handling that kind of bandwidth to do this).

2. Via satellite. I'm pretty sure this is how my university gets its international channels. Not sure on the legal issues and status of providers, but possibly more feasible than #1.

3. Via specialized provider (usually over the internet). Just google for getting international channels, there are a number of providers, though I can't comment on any of them. (doing a quick google myself, most of them seem to be spanish or european channels...Finding one with a decent selection might be challenge, although beelinetv apparently has 9)

Good luck.
by CS student rate this post as useful

Slingbox 2008/12/19 17:39
Check out slingboxes. If it is plugged into a Japanese TV, you are able to watch any channel on your computer. I have a mate who has one pluuged into a TV in Canada so he can watch all Canadian TV here in Japan. You don't even need the TV to be on to be able to watch anything.
Obviosuly you need to have access to a TV in Japan through a friend or someone.
by Smoke rate this post as useful

..... 2008/12/19 23:43
Search "Keyhole TV" on the net. It has TV and radio from Japan for free.
by Beto rate this post as useful

U must get... 2008/12/24 11:41
satellite service...
by 4sure rate this post as useful

What service 2008/12/24 15:38
4sure, what satellite service are you referring to?
by King Kev rate this post as useful

TV Japan 2008/12/25 12:17
In the US, you can get TV Japan, mostly NHK from Dish Network.
by Ken rate this post as useful

Thanks for the response 2008/12/25 17:22
Thanks for the response Ken! When I read "get a satellite," I guess I was expecting something like a slingbox where I could tune into a bunch of channels.

I've already got TV Japan right now from Dish, it's absolute rubbish unfortunately but hopefully now that I've found Keyhole TV, I can cancel the service.
by King Kev rate this post as useful

reply to this thread