Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

visas spouse and tax 2008/12/21 11:37
I married to a Japanese national and I have been living in japan under spouse visa since august. Recently I got a part time job at a hotel where I work 5 to 6 hours.

My question is if I have to file the tax form and where I can information about it. I talked to my employer but he didnt gave me a straight answer, maybe because he thing that I wont be working there a long time (basically I work from 5om to 11pm)

My earning for hour is 800yen and I work 4 days in a week.

Any information regarding this please answer me. My husband is the one paying the house and other taxes, I only work at the hotel.

I live in Kanagawa ken, kounan-ku.

Thank you in advance.
by kaede  

. 2008/12/21 15:03
Check out the "Income Tax Guide for Foreigners."

http://www.nta.go.jp/foreign_language/index.htm
by Ken rate this post as useful

... 2008/12/21 16:26
So even if you worked 6 hours a day, 4 days a week, 4 weeks in a month, since the beginnig of August until end of December at 800 yen per hour, the total pay you receive this year will be, at maximum, 384,000 yen.

For that pay, no, you do not have to file for or pay income tax on your income; your husband will be eligible for "dependent deduction" when his taxes are calculated.
by AK rate this post as useful

thank you 2008/12/21 18:27
thank for your answers. It helped me alot!!
by kaede rate this post as useful

reply to this thread