Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Message no longer stored on server 2008/12/28 08:12
Greetings.

I usually like to write all e-mail messages my girlfriend sends me but, because I`m currently renting a rather old Au mobile (one which doesn`t allow for external storage mediums such as SD cards) I recently resorted to routing those e-mails to my computer address.

Turns out e-mail has to be sent a couple of days after being received by my mobile due to the fact it gets deleted from the server. Because it is no longer stored serverside, I cannot send it. That is fine and dandy (I was forced to send myself some 400+ messages...) but it in a way opened up a nice window of opportunity, for I sometimes end up accidentally deleting some important messages. Once deleted, I can`t recover them so I was wondering just by what means does my mobile communicate with the server. Is there anyway I can access it and a)make it transfer all messages I get to my computer account and/or b)allow me to recover any messages I might accidentally delete?

Thank you very much.

P.S.-Sorry for the nerdy question.
by Alex  

Question for you carrier 2008/12/29 02:36
Isn't this a question for your mobile phone carrier?
by ... rate this post as useful

Re: 2008/12/29 08:02
If things has not changed since several years ago I was using au,
you can set automatic transferring of recieved messages
via the online settings page where you can also change e-mail address or such things.

Good luck and ask the mobilephone carrier if you have trouble.
by dice-geist rate this post as useful

Ditto 2008/12/29 08:41
Ditto to what ... posted earlier. That and if anything, go post on a message board that specializes in mobile phones. The folks on those sites know everything.
by Bean rate this post as useful

reply to this thread