Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How common are gyms in Japan? 2008/12/30 16:22
I am applying for a JET ALT position and see little reason to be rejected. My question is will I be able to work out in Japan? I lift 5-6 times a week and need solid facilities to meet my needs. Also how prevalent and accessible are training products such as whey protein and l-glutamine?
by Johonasen  

JET- usually very rural 2008/12/31 07:25
As a JET you are likely to be sent to a very rural area where there won't be gyms. In a city of any size there are gyms all over the place- usually one or more near any main station, but JET placements are very rural and can be extremely remote, to the point where there isn't even a supermarket in the area let alone a gym.

If you hadn't enviisoned being sent to such a rural area you might want to reconsider your application to JET.

The supplements you mention are available in gyms and sporting goods stores in cities.
by Sira rate this post as useful

What about school gyms? 2008/12/31 12:38
I did understand that as a JET ALT it would be likely that I would be in a rural community but what about school gyms? Do schools (hopefully the one I'd be working in) have gyms facilities? I worked in several rural communities as a teacher here in the states and their gym facilities were at least adequate if not as advanced as I'd like.
by johonasen rate this post as useful

reply to this thread