Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Are cells free in Jp? 2009/1/2 13:30
Virgin Snow movie starring Lee Jun Ki and Aoi Miyazaki sees one detail when Kim Min bought cellphones: the phones listed as ''brand-new'' and priced ''0 yen'' in the shop.
Is it true that cellphones are free in Japan?
by miki yuen  

no 2009/1/2 14:43
They are not really free. The cheapest phones cost 0yen if you buy a phone plan for a set period of time. The better phones are discounted if you buy a phone plan. If you cancel your phone plan before the contract is up, you have to pay for your phone.

I don't consider that a free phone.
by Me rate this post as useful

. 2009/1/2 15:18
Sometimes the phone itself might be "free" , but thats because to get the phone "free" the person had to sign for a phone contract that goes with it, so in the end their locked into the contract for a time and it paysitself off for them to give the phone "free" since they have a longterm contract service plan that goes with the phone.
by John rate this post as useful

o, tks 2009/1/8 13:55
Oh, so that's really it.

Thank you, Me and John.

by miki yuen rate this post as useful

free? 2009/1/8 14:44
We have the same system in Canada... at least in my Province..you get a free phone if you buy a contract with one company or buy at least so many minutes, like 100, with another company. Catch is either you don't use them all and loose part of the money or use them too quickly and have to buy more. "its Free" is the oldest trick in the world... not even true love is free...
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

reply to this thread