Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to teach? Which route to go down? 2009/1/4 08:30
I'm looking to move to Japan in 2010 and am getting more and more worried about finding a job. I'm an English/ Performing Arts teacher at a secondary school in the uk with 2+ years experience/ teaching qualification. I was hoping to find a job at an International school but from what i've read so far that's a pretty hard thing to come by. I'm aware of the JET Programme and will probably apply and am also going to do a TEFL course before i go too.What i would love is some advice about which route to go? Either to try for International or go with TEFL Jobs/JET. Has anyone else experienced all this?
by Ayme  

Check the ESL sites 2009/1/4 09:09
Have a look at some of the dedicated teaching in Japan sites like www.eslcafe,com. Your question is a common one and you will find lots of info there. It sounds as if you have the experience to work at an international school, rather than as a JET or ALT where teachers are often little more than "human tape recorders".
by Sira rate this post as useful

.... 2009/1/4 19:12
Thanks, have had a look and there's loads of cool stuff! Cheers! We'll see where I end up.
by Ayme rate this post as useful

reply to this thread