Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JET placement-nice rural areas? 2009/1/6 03:10
Okay, I am thinking of applying to the JET programe in the future. I have heard that hardly anyone who asks for an urban area will get it, but I really want a rural area so that's okay with me. I also understand that just because I request a rural area does not mean I will get it either though. :)
I was just wondering if anyone could recomend a few rural areas that I can look into and learn more about...like somewhere you or someone stayed at and liked (or didn't like)
Like I said, I would love somewhere rural but a small town might be nice too. Thanks! :)
by Rae  

Inaka 2009/1/6 12:14
I wouldn't worry overly about placement. There are usually numerous small towns and one or two larger cities in any prefecture. If you are unhappy after a year, you'll have had the opportunity to explore your prefecture and can apply to move to another town.
Think about what you are interested in specifically, and why. If you have a reason (less vague than you like the countryside), you may have more control over your placement.
You can even choose where you want to be, and then work out the reason later. Interest in a particular historical figure might be good for this.

But I'd say, let the dice fall where they will :)
by rock and water rate this post as useful

THANKS! 2009/1/7 06:14
Thank you very much for the info! :)
by Rae rate this post as useful

This would be my choice 2009/1/7 23:41
i think I'd love this place - hot springs, mountains, skiing...

http://myoko-nojiri.com
by Eric rate this post as useful

THANKS! 2009/1/8 09:47
Thank you for your opinion, that spot does look nice. :)

big city? 2009/1/8 12:02
Do you want to be near a big city too? If so, I know some suburban areas that will work.
by . rate this post as useful

Maybe... 2009/1/9 06:40
I wouldn't mind being NEAR a big city, I just don't really want to be IN a big city. But, visiting some on days off could be fun too. Suburbs are nice as well :)What would you recomend?

reply to this thread