Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

debit cards and laser surgery for eyes 2009/1/7 19:01
Which banks in Japan offer debit cards and have ATM machines nationwide?
Notice cellphones can be used as credit cards and have the ability to be used for purchasing, charging.

Is it possible to check your balance via a Japanese cellphone?

Laser surgery for eyes is also available in Japan?

Thank you
by Taro  

eye question 2009/1/8 08:40
Yes, laser surgery is available in Japan, as you would expect.
by Sira rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/8 10:38
Which banks in Japan offer debit cards and have ATM machines nationwide?

I think the postal bank offers these services. And they have the most widespread ATM network of the Japanese banks.

Notice cellphones can be used as credit cards and have the ability to be used for purchasing, charging.

Except they require the merchant to be able to accept smartcard payments (i.e. waon, nanaco, edy). Many places that accept credit card also accept smartcards, but not all do, and often will only accept the store branded smartcard. I'd guess that they are accepted at a fewer places than credit card, but they are convenient and I'd like to be able to use them more (although my bank account would definitely suffer).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/8 10:43
Is it possible to check your balance via a Japanese cellphone?

Do you mean check the balance of your mobile smartcard or of your bank account? If mobile smartcard then yes. I'm not sure about bank account though, but I'm sure it varies a lot between banks.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

checking by mobile phone 2009/1/8 20:02
meant the bank account
Where can you check by mobile phone as well as your computer.
by Taro rate this post as useful

reply to this thread