Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Maid cafe + massage 2009/1/11 20:23
I used to live in Japan, but it's been a few years. I remember hearing about and seeing advertisements for legitimate maid cafes and maid massage parlors in Akihabara. I am visiting Tokyo with my parents, and while they think the idea of a maid cafe is cute, I think they'd enjoy the experience more if a massage is involved. Oh parents...
Any suggestions?
by Kamizilla (guest)  

... 2009/1/21 22:19
Do you think they'd like the idea of a "maid massage"? I would find it rather embarrassing to have prettily-dressed girls sounding all squeaky and
cooing over you to do any massage - I think it's more meant to be (in an un-sexual way) just a pamparing experience for young guys, in my view.

Maybe, instead, you could try out the Akihabara tour offered by this company:
http://gijane.jp/

Their tour (available in English) was featured in an article in a Japanese newspaper lately, saying that the founder (non-Japanese) is fascinated by the Akihabara/otaku culture and is keen to spread this intriguing culture :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Really? 2009/1/22 08:46
I agree with AK, I enjoy having normal shiatsu massage but think that having a girl in costume doing the massage while talking in a high-pitched voice in a language I don't understand wouldn't be particularly enjoyable. Are you sure your parents would like it?
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/1/22 16:39
Well, Thank you for the consideration, and I might look into the tour, but I only asked here because my parents expressed interest. They actually prefer things like that to set tours. Trust me, looking back, I realize my request sounds weird, but they would get a real kick out of something like that. I also asked because I saw a special on Japanese TV a while back where they had 3 middle aged women who didn't 'get' the whole Akiba culture thing go to a maid foot massage parlor and afterwards a cafe. They were weirded out at first, but they really enjoyed it overall.
by Kamizilla (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/23 08:22
Kamizilla,

Thanks for coming back :) and for letting us know that your parents themselves are interested! Well, then, for the experience, let them go for it :) Sorry I don't have any specific suggestions for a massage place. THere should be ads out there on the streets, though.

BTW, this "tour" is not really organized/set tours (as far as I got to read from the newspaper - in the meantime it might have gotten popular so they might do it in larger groups, who knows) but more like a "walk" with a guide. See if you find anything interesting. Have fun! :)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread