Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to say fire (Gundam related)? 2009/1/12 16:35
Hi. I've watched a lot of Mobile Suit Gundam and I have allways wondered how to say ''fire/attack/Shoot'' like they do in the series. They say the word when they are launching missiles or just shooting with somethinf at somebody.

The word sound like ''tie'' or ''te/tee''. But my question is: What is the right word for it and how do I spell it with Kanji/Hiragana/Katakana?

Hope to get samo good answers. :)
by Demiru (guest)  

... 2009/1/13 11:05
Wouldn't that be "ute!" It comes from the word "utsu/uchimasu," meaning "to shoot, to attack." "Ute!" is the command form of that verb. It might have sounded like "utee!," with a long "ee." And the "u" is pronounced lighter compared with the "te" part.

If that's the one, it would be written Œ‚‚Ä using kanji and hiragana.
by AK rate this post as useful

Thank you 2009/1/13 11:30
Well that's is exactly the word I am looking for. I found a video where they say the word. Listen @ 1:49 & 3:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I1y-92zhV4

Thank you for your help, much apricieated. :)
by Demiru (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2009/1/14 02:26
Putting emphasis on the latter part and pronouncing it like "tee"
is a militaristic way of pronounciation, and reminds some people of world war period.
Just for your information.
by dice-geist (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you 2009/1/15 09:48
I would like to thank both of you. Very informative and quick answers.

Gonna bookmark this page if I have questions about something else in the future!
by Demiru (guest) rate this post as useful

other reference 2009/1/20 02:19
just for your information,
you can also find this expression being used in 'the last samurai' with tom cruise.

he also says 'utee!' in the scene where he is standing in an open field commanding the japanese soldiers to shoot with their guns.
by D (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread