Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which banks in J. sell foreign currency? 2009/1/18 04:42
Hi there,
I would like to buy a foreign currency, to be more specific Euros but I could not find online any bank around Nagoya that is doing that kind of service. All I found was HSBC that has branches in Tokyo and Osaka but not in Nagoya and Citybank which is not clear about the rates and service fee.
Please help any information is welcome.
Thanks for reading.
by IceTV  

... 2009/1/18 12:30
Major banks should be able to sell you Euros - for example, Mizuho Bank has:
- Nagoya Branch (near Fushimi station, on the same block as Nagoy Kanko Hotel),
- Nagoya Ekimae Branch (in front of Nagoya station, acros from Castle Plaza Hotel),
- Nagoya Chuo Branch (near Sakae, on the east side of the intersection, next to Maruei).

Any other major banks - Bank of Tokyo-MItsubishi UFJ, or Sumitomo Mitsui Bank should have this service too.
Just be sure to get there between 9:00 - 15:00 on weekdays, when the counters are open. They should have the exchange rates and fees posted.
by AK rate this post as useful

almost any bank and post office 2009/1/18 14:28
Have you actually asked at the counter? Any bank as well as major post offices are able to sell Euros. However, some need to be notified in advance as they may not have enough at hand.

Here is the website and phone number for the post office in Sakae.
http://www.jp-network.japanpost.jp/storesearch/detail/i...
by Uco rate this post as useful

Thanks guys !!! 2009/1/19 19:30
I appreciate your answers and it was helpful, will check those places.
Thanks
by IceTV rate this post as useful

reply to this thread