Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

cellphone provider and internet 2009/1/25 04:08
hi i am going to be in niseko for 3 months the place im staying at doesnt have internet access and i dont want to go to a internet cafe to download a movie. i was wondering what is a good cell phone provider that has fast speeds i will pay about 5000yen a month for interent use.
the place im staying at is very cheap so i can afford to pay a little more for interent
thanks
by dave (guest)  

Japan may be advanced but... 2009/2/4 09:34
Using the internet on your cellphone is still prohibitively expensive, especially if you intend to use it to download movies...

You will not be able to get a good cellphone deal with a major internet company for three months either way since all of the discount packages and phones require at least a one-year contract commitment.

Internet cafes are cheap and convenient, and for the most part they have several dozen new movies pre-downloaded onto the system for quick viewing. You're farthest ahead making use of those.
by tsurara rate this post as useful

reply to this thread