Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

possibilites in japan with a BA Degree? 2009/1/26 12:15
Hi everyone,

Just like my title suggests, what are my possibilites in japan with a 4 year BA degree in japanese? I'm all set to graduate in july of this year from my university. I've also taken a JLPT test level 3 last december so I'm hoping I passed that test. Results do not come in till march so I'm not sure about that. As of right now I have $6500 set aside to make my big move. I know there is JET program but as much as possible I would like to stay away from it because I want to choose my own place to live. (Which is osaka). So my question is, what are the possibility of. Me finding a job? What are some of the preparations I should take?

Thanks
by jason (guest)  

BA 2009/1/26 16:35
well, I live in Osaka but I think that you would have more chances to find a job im the kanto area.
But you are furtunate an English native speaker, I guess, so you would probably have no problems to find a job (even in Osaka).

But how does it come that you`ve "passed" the 3 kyu of the JLPT if you have learned Japanese for already 4 years???
by Sig (guest) rate this post as useful

Similar thread 2009/1/26 17:35
A similar thread from a little while back:

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+5...
by Dan (guest) rate this post as useful

Curious, too... 2009/1/26 20:11
I'm also wondering how you can have a BA degree in Japanese, but just hit level 3 in JLPT.
by Nula (guest) rate this post as useful

Teaching English 2009/1/26 22:07
Basically you are qualified to be an English teacher. Without experience or qualifications in a field like IT or finance, and/or a fairly high level of Japanese (JLPT 1 or close), there is not really anything else available.

There is bar work and seasonal resort work as well, but only on a working holiday visa.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

how about graduate school? 2009/1/27 04:38
well the reason why i only taken level 3 JLPT test is because it was my first time. i did not know what to expect for the exam so i decided to try start at level 3. the exam was easier than i thought it would be. so i am pretty confident that i have passed the test. does anyone know what are the pay like being an language teacher? also, i was planning to attend graduate school in japan in either business field or translations. how easy it is to enter the school and apply for some financial help?
thanks
by Jason (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread