Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Legal matter 2009/1/28 21:27
A friend of mine borrowed money from me last august and he promised to pay me back this month but now he changed his contact number and all i know he's somewhere in Mie Ken. Does the immigration office can help me with this matter?
by rusty reyes (guest)  

Legal 2009/1/29 08:09
Rusty,

What has Immigration got to do with it? They won't divulge personal information about people. If it's a legal matter, you should hire a lawyer.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

no crime 2009/1/29 08:33
If your friend is not an overstayer then Immigration will not be interested. Your friend has not actually committed a crime, so the authorities have no reason to help you. They certainly won't give out his personal information to you.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

consult 2009/1/29 10:28
Why not consult about it anyway? Talk to the Koban, or free consulting services in foreign languages available at city halls and ward offices.

On a related note however, in Japan we say, "Don't lend money unless you're prepared to give it away." At least you should've had a guarantor sign the written acknowledgment of the debt.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread