Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Living in Hitachinaka, Ibaraki-ken 2009/1/29 19:55
Hi, everyone! I'm going to live in Hitachinaka starting this March. I already read a lot of things about the city, but I still don't know many ithers. Some told me that it is pretty cheap to live there. I'm satying for 6 months in my company's dorm. I'm still not sure what the living cost will be. But I'm asking these questions:
1. If you could tell me what kind of activities I could do there live sport, especially dancing.
2. How much does it costs to go to Tokyo. May be I will travel every weekend to Tokyo.
3. Any night life, like clubs and bars (I'm western, I really like to go on parties, but they told me that there isn't much night life...still can't believe it). I don't count the karaoke bars, I love them so at least I could get enough of them there.
4. I think last question - my salary is going to be 120 000 yen. I think that it will be enough since I'm living in a small city, but still what do you think?
by Limoncello  

Living in Hitachinaka 2009/1/30 11:29
You may find this useful, it includes information about sports and other activities.

http://www.city.hitachinaka.ibaraki.jp/english/index.ht...

For travelling to Tokyo, Hyperdia provides all the information you need.

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

Your start point is the station name, Katsuta, not the name of the city, Hitachinaka. (Took me a bit to find that out.)

Katsuta to Tokyo is about 1 hour 30 minutes and costs 4020 Yen.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Tight budget 2009/1/30 11:42
Your salary is in the minimum wage range- very low. It helps that you live in the company dormitory (I hope for free?), but you aren't going to be doing a lot of clubbing or making too many weekend trips to Tokyo on that budget I'm afraid.
by SHU (guest) rate this post as useful

Tnx 2009/1/30 17:21
Thanks for the information given. I already read everything about the city in the web site but still, thanks. So I guess that going to Tokyo every weekend will be not that easy because of my not that high salary. Oh, man, I really hope that it will be OK for this samll town. And I hoped that I could travel....I guess I will for sure.
by Limoncello rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/30 19:30
4. I think last question - my salary is going to be 120 000 yen. I think that it will be enough since I'm living in a small city, but still what do you think?

That is very, very low, if you are going to work full-time. I hope the company dorm is free of charge - do you have to pay at all for housing, food, utilities? I don't think you can really afford to go to Tokyo every weekend, by the way.
I hope that the employment agreement, visa arrangement, housing arrangement, etc. are fine for you.
by AK rate this post as useful

pub in Hitachinaka 2009/2/26 12:05
I think it's only place to meet westerner friends in the town.
http://www.thedrunkenduck.net/english/en-shop.html
And if you wanna go into cool club, u should go to Tokyo. You can't back home in midnight from tokyo so you have to stay all night in Tokyo though. There are NO clubs in the town. I' ve tried to dance at a small club in Mito, next city of Hitachinaka, but it was not cool.
by timtamqueen rate this post as useful

reply to this thread