Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7-11s' rice microwaveable? 2009/2/8 15:19
My husband and I are currently traveling in Japan. We're trying to keep basic food costs down as much as possible, and we've been doing ok, but quite fancy some rice. Most hotels/hostels have microwaves, so I was wondering if those containers you see in convenience stores, with the solid bottom and rip-off tops, are microwavable. (Can't read Japanese).
by Ruth (guest)  

they sure are 2009/2/8 21:34
that is what the are for. you open a corner and microwave for 1 to 2 mins.

you can also buy them at the supermarket.
by pete (guest) rate this post as useful

Also... 2009/2/10 07:36
And at the 100 yen store! Keep an eye out for them - they have loads of good cheap food items. There is one in Asakusa, about a 5 minute walk from the station.
by Phin (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/2/13 21:53
Thanks for the help.
by Ruth (guest) rate this post as useful

Cost 2009/4/6 05:10
Hi,

How much is the cost of the rice from 7-11?

Thanks.
by Pilita (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/4/6 13:14
A typical pack of 200grams (1 portion) worth of cooked rice should cost about 150 yen.

Btw, I hope you know that convenience stores like 7/11 will microwave almost any prepared food merchandise for you at the spot.

Also, if you fancy rice that much, you may want to consider purchacing/bringing a tiny electric rice cooker and cook the rice yourself.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/4/7 07:31
7-11 also provide hot water for instant ramen noodle snack.
That may be cheeper than rice.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread