Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Handyman/Carpenter in Nagoya? 2009/2/11 14:33
I need to put up some sturdy hangers/hooks for musical instruments on the walls. It's a job that needs to be done sturdily.

I can't do it myself as (a) I'm not familiar with Japanese house construction enough to ensure drilling/fitting accurately to hidden wall studs/slats, and (b) physical mobility problem.

Where should I look to find a reliable tradesman to do such a job? A carpenter? A general handyman?

Any advice or links appreciated.
by Jo (guest)  

... 2009/2/12 17:58
It sounds like it's going to be more than just putting a hook on the wall - a picture-frame railing would not do either, correct? I don't know what the weight it going to be, but since it would probably involve checking where the pipings are behind the wall, then some electric drilling and hammering and all that, maybe you could ask (if you see one nearby) a so-called housing re-form ("juutaku rifoomu") shop?

By the way, you'd want to check with the landlord (if you are living in a rented property) that it's OK to put up some sturdy hooks, and on which wall(s) it's allowed and what not, first of all.
by AK rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/2/13 10:29
Thanks AK. I'll try to find one of these places locally.
by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread