Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

choices in okinawa? 2009/2/12 01:29
i am going to okinawa this summer for about 3 weeks to WWOOF (a form of volunteering) and theres quite afew locations i can choose from but i can't decide. i can go to Naha, Miyakojima, or Yomitan village. were do you think is nicest and i will get the best okinawan experience?? i was initially going to go to Naha because i do like cities, but is it very built up?? and does Naha not have any nice beaches?? i really want to go somewhere with a beautiful beach :D
any help would be appreciated!! thanks!
by catherine (guest)  

NAHA 2009/2/12 11:56
stay in NAHA becuase it like the heart of okinawa and the capital city so it will have the most action of any other place...and anything outside of naha that u want to see is just a short bus ride anyway
by chloe (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/12 18:42
Miyakojima! Unless you need city life, which does not exist on the island.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2009/2/12 22:43
well whats the main difference between the two?? and which has the best beach?? ^_^
by catherine (guest) rate this post as useful

Miyakojima 2009/2/12 23:21
I'd vote for Miyako-jima. Take a look at this one beach on Miyako-jima.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/16217258

I would also suggest finding Miyako-jima on Google Earth and perusing the photos. You may also want to do the same for Naha.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread