Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving and Living in Japan. Questions 2009/2/15 01:49
I'm 21 at the moment, i'm working at a Company Called 3CX as a Software Support Tester and Engineer for VOIP Systems.

I was hoping that in 3 or 4 years time it would be possible for me to move to Japan and find a similar job there.
I hear some regular salaries are around 250,000 Yen, But i also saw some IT related jobs that pay up to 12Million Yen per Year which seemed very tempting to me, as in 3-4 years i'll be able to apply to those jobs thanks to the Experience i'm currently earning at work.

If i want to live in Tokyo alone so i can go to my job easily how much would an Apartment cost? I'm not looking for something shared with another person like a dorm or anything. I hate noisy places.

I eat a lot when it comes to food, i'll eat ANYTHING as long as there's a good amount of it. What are the costs in that Sector?

How much is it to get a used car in japan?

And generaly is there anything i missed that needs mentioning?

My boss is currently trying to expand the company to japan as well and through time i might possibly get him to send me there.
I already know a very good amount of japanese, enough to speak with a person, and i'm trying to learn how to read / write hiragana as a start i know a few symbols but that's it.

Any tips on some stuff i might need to look out for? Jobs / food / anything.
by Leenix  

use this site 2009/2/15 08:49
First have a look through the "living" section on this site, or do a search for"costs" or similar as this question comes up all the time.

As for buying a car, many people in Tokyo don't bother because the train system is so good, parking is expensive and the traffic is heavy. I can go anywhere I want to in and around Tokyo just using the trains, and for longer trips it is faster to take the shinkansen (bullet train) than to drive.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread