Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting work visa while being certified? 2009/2/15 22:23
I want to go to Japan and get a job in electronics. Currently I am going to get certification for basic electronics. I would like to go to Japan to pursue my advancement into electronics. I will be finshed in 8 months. I want to know if I can get a work visa during my certification process? I would like to get the waiting period out of the way so I can be ready to leave to work.
by 4Brilly  

No 2009/2/16 00:34
Well first there is no "work visa" in Japan. There are visas that allow to work and visas that do not allow holders to work. List is here:
http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/04.html
And no you can not get a visa just because you are being certified and you can not get a visa just because you are certified. Visas that allow to work are related to a work contract not only to a degree. Someone who have a bachelor's degree can not just go to a japanese embassy, show his degree and ask for a working visa, things does not work this way.
by Banana Republic rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/16 08:24
4Brilly,

Work visas for working in Japan need to be sponsored by your employer in Japan, meaning you need to have found an employer in Japan first to be able to apply for the visa. You cannot simply apply on your own on expectation of certification/qualification.

Another thing - do you speak the Japanese language? And when you say certification, is that equivalent to a bachelor's degree? You would need both to be eligible to work in Japan, particularly the second one being Immigration requirement.
by AK rate this post as useful

.... 2009/2/16 08:59
A college degree OR a good amount of experience in said field/occupation. Certification alone(as opposed to a degree) will not due(unless you are extremely fortunate, which has happened for some and for some not)
by Gebe (guest) rate this post as useful

Working holiday change to Spouse visa 2009/2/23 16:17
I'm british and for the past 9 months I have been staying in Japan with a holiday working visa. Recently I married a Japanese citizen and I wanted to remain in Japan to stay with my husband.

However, as I was going to change my visa to stay in Japan, I realized that I had to leave Japan when my visa finishes and re -apply from London. I found out that I couldn't change my working holiday visa from Japan.

If, there is another way to stay here in Japan or must I go back for 3 months and wait my spouse to come throught.

I hear that some people when there holiday working visa expires, they go for a quick trip to s.Korea and then re-enty with a tourist visa and then in Japan apply for a spouse visa.
Dose this work and how long dose it take to get a Spouse visa and any ideas for the Certificate of eligibility takes what do I need for it.

Any advice will be much appreaciated.
by Yas (guest) rate this post as useful

@ yas 2009/2/23 16:25
they said that you have to leave the country?
I am also on my working holiday visa in japan and I change my visa in a precollege-student visa. they said no prob, and know I am waiting for the new one.

if they resist on leaving first the country, than korea is the best choice.
its the easiest way for get your visa changed. a freind of mine did it to change his working holiday visa into a working visa.

but its better that you ask your husband if he can speak with the 入管.

and congratulations!
by dotcom (guest) rate this post as useful

...... 2009/2/23 16:58
My non-Japanese spouse changed his status from one type of working visas (sponsored by his employer) to "spouse" while remaining in Japan.

So unless your current Working Holiday Visa is so close to its expiration that there is no time for your to apply for a change of status, OR there are some restrictions associated with WHV that I'm not aware of that require the applicant to leave Japan once, I think a "change of status" should be possible.

If your marriage is properly recorded on your Japanese husband's register ("koseki"), then there should be nothing in the way of your staying in Japan with your spouse. Maybe it's better to have your husband call immigration office to ask.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread