Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sakura sarasara 2009/2/16 09:02
Hi, I saw a bottle of Cherry Blossom Liquor on a website, it was called Sakura Sarasara. I'm just wondering if anyone has any opinions to share, as nothing seems to be mentioned about it anywhere else on the internet.

Thanks.
by Original Brian. (guest)  

Have not tried but 2009/2/16 16:08
Judging from the reviews (in Japanese), a cherry blossom from Nara (Yoshino) is in a bottle, and is a sweet/a bit tangy-flavored "shochu" liquor. Many reviews that I've seen say that the bottle looks so pretty they cannot possibly open and drink it lol. Taste is described as light (as liquor - 11 to 12 alcohol), soft, sweet, speaks "spring" :)
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/16 21:02
Thank you for your reply :)

I wish I had seen Sakura Sarasara before Valentine's Day, it would have been quite fitting for the occasion. But pricey, though. I think it's around £19 for a bottle. I'm still going to buy a bottle :)

Sorry, another "can you give me your opinion" thing. What does everyone think about Umeshu? The Royal Jelly one seems attractive.

Thanks again.
by Original Brian (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/16 21:18
Hello again, I'd like to be more specific about the Umeshu question:

Would you buy Choya Umeshu or Kagura Umeshu? Apparently the KAgura is of better quality and sweetness and only £1 more expensive. Also, the bottle looks better, no romaji (which I think looks so much better).

hrms 2009/2/17 00:38
where can i buy this and have it shipped to the US? or where can i buy it in Tokyo? ill be going there in march anyways and want a bottle of Sakura Sara Sara
by dvang82 rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/17 04:49
I saw it on a website called japancentre.com

It's based in London, but when asking for delivery info it does have a selection of countries. So it should ship to America. Sorry, I don't know about anywhere in Tokyo.

... 2009/2/17 07:35
Original Brian,

Kagura and Choya are names of the producers, and I have seen different bottles among Choya brand as well, so I can't quite say which one is "better," but it's true, Kagura bottle that I can find on the net looks nice :) To me (Japanese living in Japan) Choya is a popular umeshu brand, and I recall when I was buying a bottle of that at duty-free shop at Narita airport as a gift for a friend overseas, it was a special flavored one by Choya.

dvang82,

If you are coming in March, there is a good chance that you might find Sakura Sarasara at the liquor section of department stores of liquor stores.
by AK rate this post as useful

oh no 2009/2/18 01:06
man doesnt look like they ship to the US..now i guess imma have to wait til i get to japan...anyone else know where in Tokyo i can buy this drink? ill be at the tokyo prince hotel...anyone know at store please let me know...
by dvang82 rate this post as useful

cherry blossom liquor 2009/4/18 06:23
Just returned from a trip to Japan and had cherry blossom liquor- it was wonderful. I also am trying to find it in the US but could only find the site for it on japancentre.com. I'm not sure if it can be shipped here or not but will try. Otherwise, my son, who lives in Japan will be packing a few bottles for me :-)
Jan
by Jan (guest) rate this post as useful

Cherry Blossom liqueur 2010/1/23 01:42
Hi, I am trying to buy some of this. I have tried the japan centre and also rice wine in London. Does anyone know where I can buy it? Thanks
by Ming (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/1/24 12:18
I think it's seasonal. It's eerie, I've been thinking about Sakura Sarasara recently, too :) It was around Valentines day last year I saw it on Japan centre. I'd suggest to keep looking on their website. Good luck!

reply to this thread