Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Missed post? 2009/3/2 14:27
Hey,
I have a question regarding missed post (hence the title I suppose); I recently noticed my doorbell's broken and must have been for a long time, possibly explaining why I've missed packages being delivered in the past. I'm just wondering, with the national post, do they leave notices when you're unable to accept a delivery? Or is it assumed that you should check some place for stuff to collect?

Cheers.
by Gtpod  

missed packages 2009/3/2 16:05
I always get a notification. So probably you,too.
But how long are you waiting for the packages?
I waited 3 months (now already 2 times) for mine to arrive. I thought they were lost.
But if your normal post reaches you than packages do so,too.
by dotcom (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/3/2 16:43
Do you have a proper mail box with your room number and/or name clearly marked? They normally leave a notification when they are unable to deliver a package, registered mail, etc., whatever that does not fit into the mailbox or requires your signature. If you suspect that you might have missed some delivery, go to the nearest post office and ask - if the nearest one is a small post office, they will tell you the major delivery "hub" post office address.
by AK rate this post as useful

put your name on your mail box 2009/3/2 18:31
If you have your name on your mail box, they always leave you a note.

If you don't have your name on your mail box, they will not be sure if the person who lives there is you.

But it's unlikely that only post-office packages aren't delivered while envelopes are. However, the post office is not the only organization that delivers packages.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/3/2 18:34
Thanks for the help guys, and thanks for the tip Uco, I'll put my name on it just in case. :D
by Gtpod rate this post as useful

I knew I could write it more simply 2009/3/2 21:33
Thought I'd add.

In other words, if someone sends a package to you, any delivery man will
(A) delivered it to you or
(B) leave a note in the mail box if you're not there or
(C) send it back to the sender if (s)he can't figure out where your mail box is.

So if you're expecting a package and it doesn't arrive nor a note is left for you, you should contact the sender first and ask.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread