Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

monthly expenses as low cost budget 2009/3/9 22:42
I will be in japan on may for fellowship in neurosurgery. residence is secured by the university. i will afford daily expenses and local transportation. for me please i want to know the expected monthly expenses as a low cost budget
by Ahmed M Elshanawany (guest)  

Congratulation from a fellow doctor 2009/3/10 02:22
Ahmed,

Congratulation on your fellowship in Neurosurgery in Japan.

I went to medical school and residency in US but my undergraduate was at Keio University in Tokyo. My brother-in-law (Japanese) is a general surgeon in Chiba.

I am not sure where you live right now, but the cost of living in Japan is still high. I am not sure from your question whether the institution will pay for your meals and transportation as well. At least they will be paying for your residence.

Meals can be quite cheap if you find small restaurants serving basic Japanese food and noodles. Of course cafeteria in your university will be a bargain.

With your housing already provided for, I would say, just a guess, you might need about 60,000 - 70,000 yen per month for food and transportation and some fun. Maybe this is too much, so someone else who is presently living in Japan may give you a better estimate.

Chad, M.D.
by chadpeterson rate this post as useful

reply to this thread