Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

finding an apt for 2 people 2009/3/10 14:37
I am looking to find an apartment that me and my partner can rent on a monthly basis. Needs to have 2 beds or 1 double bed, most of the places i have seen online only seem to have 1 single bed. Can anyone recommend any good places that may suit us. Our budget including bills is around 100,000 a month, if it is less that would be great. Looking for somewhere no more than 30 mins train from central Tokyo. Any advice would be great, thanks.
by Matthew Joslin (guest)  

Apartments 2009/3/10 23:52
Matthew,

If you are looking at ready-furnished "weekly mansion" type places, then yes, they are likely to be mostly aimed at single people working away from home. If you go to a regular estate agent, you will find no shortage of apartments suited for two people, which will allow you to put in two beds or futons as you require.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/3/11 09:11
I do remember staying short-term in a "monthly apartment" that came furnished with two single beds, a small kichinette, and a decent bathroom, etc., anyway space and everything enough for two people. But the rent was something like 120,000 yen a month I think. Another one I recall was a smaller room with double "futon" bedding that you lay out only in the evenings.

As Dave in Saitama mentioned, many monthly apartments are for business people who live away from their homes/families, thus geared more toward single occupants.

Are you going to "live" in Japan long-term, or are you just considering a month or two (traveing)? There is another person who is looking for a double apartment; is that your partner by any chance?
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+6...
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread